[Zope] what am I doing wrong?

Sam Gendler sgendler@impossible.com
Fri, 24 Dec 1999 21:13:07 -0800

I have a form that looks exactly like the manage_addImageForm, except that it
has a hidden field, goto, which contains a url.  The form posts to a method
called myCreateImage

myCreateImage looks like this
<dtml-call "manage_addImage">
<dtml-call "RESPONSE.redirect(goto)">

Everything executes error free, but no new image gets created.  The redirection
does occur, however.  I purposely have no try/catch clause, hoping to spot an
exception.  no luck.

any ideas?

I am logged in as superuser, so it is not a permissions problem.

I had similar problems trying to create an instance of a ZClass product, only I
couldn't even figure out how to call the manage_addProduct function.  I wound up
solving the problem with some unbelievably ugly code in the myClass_add function
which detects how it is being added and redirects users to different places,
etc.  It was made particularly hard because I wanted to be able to create an
instance of another ZClass inside my newly created ZClass some of the time.  I
finally did it with a very ugly redirect call.

There must be another way!!!

--sam