[Zope] Sybase Connection Problems

Chris McDonough chrism@digicool.com
Sun, 26 Dec 1999 23:48:46 -0500

Alexander,

First make sure that isql on the Zope machine (or Sybase Central/SQL
Advantage if you're running Zope on Windows) can connect to the remote
database you want to get to.  You may need to use dsedit in order to
configure the client to access the remote server.  Dsedit creates or
modifies a file named "interfaces" in the top-level sybase directory.
This is where the port number config and other stuff ends up.  You'll
need a properly configured interfaces file to get the client stuff
connected to a remote database.

Once you've got isql working, go to Zope on the same machine and create
a database connection.  Fill in the server field with the DNS name or IP
address of the remote machine you've already tested with isql (no port
number), fill in username, fill in password, and fill in "datasource"
(it's the database name -- it will default to the "home" database of the
user which you log in as if you don't specify it).  You should be in
business then.