[Zope] Dumb object aliasing question

Sam Gendler sgendler@impossible.com
Mon, 27 Dec 1999 22:40:11 -0800

--------------090E10A977856429DB2CCF59

I ran into something like this.  I wound up making a copy of the new
image to a new name.  Deleting the version that has the real name, and
then copying the file back over.  Simply renaming it again didn't work.
It is a pretty ugly bug.  I figured it was a cache problem, so I didn't
check into it until I saw your mail.  I have since reverified, and it is
definitely not the browser cache.

--sam

Darrell wrote:

> If I add a new image, call it img1 and view it outside of manage, all
> is well. If I replace that image and view it. It hasn't changed ?? If
> I view it in manage it's the new image. Restarting Zope doesn't
> help. If I now change this image in manage a second time it won't
> change. But it's size changed, just not the image. I picked up the CVS
> version deleted Data.fs and started over, with the same results.
> Shouldn't I be able to change an image ? Any idea where the code is
> that decides to render one way for local manage and another way for
> the remote user ? I'll find it eventually ....gurrr  --Darrell

--------------090E10A977856429DB2CCF59

I ran into something like this.&nbsp; I wound up making a copy of the new
image to a new name.&nbsp; Deleting the version that has the real name,
and then copying the file back over.&nbsp; Simply renaming it again didn't
work. It is a pretty ugly bug.&nbsp; I figured it was a cache problem,
so I didn't check into it until I saw your mail.&nbsp; I have since reverified,