[Zope] SSL-vars

Andrew M. Kuchling akuchlin@mems-exchange.org
Tue, 28 Dec 1999 15:32:40 -0500 (EST)

Ragnar Beer writes:
>I'm afraid I have to reformulate the problem: SSL_CIPHER_USEKEYSIZE
>is not in my environment variables. How can I get it in there?

First point: if the page is being accessed through plain HTTP, the
SSL_* environment variables may not be created at all.  Second point:
in current versions of mod_ssl, you have to turn on the creation of
the SSL_* environment variables; they're disabled by default because
some time is required to create them.  Adding "SSLOptions +StdEnvVars"
to your httpd.conf is required to enable them; for best performance
you might want to limit the option setting to just CGI scripts,
including Zope.

I like smoking cigarettes. It's something normal people do. I smoke a
cigarette, and pretend I'm normal. And I wish I was dead.
    -- Element Girl, in SANDMAN #20: "Façade"