[Zope] Annoying "This is not a Query" message

Christopher Petrilli petrilli@digicool.com
Wed, 29 Dec 1999 10:23:06 -0500

On 12/27/99 1:17 PM, Timothy Grant at tjg@avalongroup.net wrote:

> I thought that I had seen this mentioned before, but I can't find it in
> the archives, so I will ask again:
>
> Is there something that can be done to get rid of the really annoying
> and misleading "This is not a Query" message that comes up when you test
> a SQLMethod that does not return any rows (e.g., UPDATE or DEL queries)
> I spent a bunch of time chasing this error before I finally realized
> that my Queries were executing, I was just being given a spurious error.

I've checked in a change that clarifies this, the new message reads:

    "This statement returned no results."

The original question is correct, as an UPDATE is not DQL, it's DML, but I
suspect the obtuseness of that distinction is lost of many people :-)

Chris