[Zope] Combo box

Rob Page rob.page@digicool.com
Fri, 31 Dec 1999 12:17:05 -0500

Cesare wrote:
> I would like to let the user choose in a combo-box the
> category (this is  simple) and then the sub-category in another
combo-box
> containing only the  subcategories of the selected category. With ASP
I am used to
> download all  the subcategories via an SQL at the page load and save
the values in
> arrays. Then depending of the selected category load via Jscript the
> subcategories values dinamically.

This is a good question.  I just stole Paul's Dr. Dobb's Journal and it
describes (and provides javascript code!) for EXACTLY what you want.
Unfortunately, the article is only in print until Feb :^( but the code
is online at:

http://www.ddj.com/ftp/2000/2000_01/dselect.zip

Now it's not exactly well-commented so the article helps A LOT to
understand it.

Although I can't seem to reach the web server now, there is apparently a
full working version of the script and associated HTML at:

http://www.digitalpaper.com/ddj/dynamic.html

HTH,
--Rob