[Zope] Tiny Table Question

Ty Sarna tsarna@endicor.com
Sun, 31 Jan 1999 22:49:47 -0600 (CST)

Timothy Grant wrote:
> release too much, so since TinyTable works with small sets of data, I
> thought I would use it. It appears to be working ok, but I have a lot of

It can manage a fairly large amount of data, it's more a question of
wether you'd want to. TinyTable is tiny more in features than any
specific limitation on the amount of data. It's just that if you have a
lot of data, you probably need to do fancier queries and data handling
than TinyTable can handle :^)

> It appears from my perusal of the Advanced tab that the Tiny Table can use
> a Python class as a data source, however, on checking through the source

Not as a source but a class can be used to wrap each returned row,
which can be used for things like computed columns. This is essentially
the same functionality as the Pluggable Brains in a Z SQL Method, which
is why I didn't write anything about it.

> for Tiny Table, I can find no mention of how to make use for this feature.

See the documentation on Z SQL Methods for information on this feature.

> Also, is it possible to update a Tiny Table under dtml control?

Not yet, but that is planned soon. If you have ideas about what form the
data update methods should take, please let me know. One of the things
that's held me back on this is that I don't know quite what's needed yet.