[Zope] hard-coded pcgi

Scott Robertson sroberts@codeit.com
Wed, 3 Feb 1999 13:08:06 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 3 Feb 1999, Kevin Dangoor wrote:

> | >|

> | >Hmm... If the hosting company doesn't give you your own Unix uid, I don't
> | >think there's any way to prevent people from getting at your data...
> |
> | Oops, that was unclear.  I meant to say that if your host gives you your
> | own ID, *and* executes CGI under that ID, then you have nothing else to do
> | except keep permissions straight.
>
> Ahh! That's ideal! Does someone out there set it up like that?

That's how we have it setup at CodeIt for our customers. Your going to
need to get your ISP to change a few setting though. If they're using
apache they'll need to compile in suexec support. Which we had to do a
little mucking around in so that we could avoid having to setup a diferent
wrapper script for each client.

- Scott Robertson             Phone: 714.972.2299 -
- CodeIt Computing            Fax:   714.972.2399 -
-                http://codeit.com                -