[Zope] Zope in Virtual Host on ISP

Chris Larson clarson@changeling.com
Wed, 3 Feb 1999 15:50:23 -0600

On 2/3/99 7:43 AM , Jeff Bauer jbauer@rubic.com said:

>The key error on SCRIPT_NAME is to be expected if you run
>Zope from the command line.  Your web server is providing
>SCRIPT_NAME as a cgi variable, which ZPublisher expects to
>use.

I figured it might be something like this. So can I assume that at least
I've got Zope functional? Are there any test I get execute to test
further from the CLI? Is it possible to toss the SCRIPT_NAME as a
directive into Zope.cgi?

>I'm sure you're aware that fixing things in your .login/.cshrc
>files will make it easier to run some tests, but has no effect on
>how the web server views your environment.  This will only be
>determined by the Apache directives and overridden by
>directives in Zope.cgi.

Yep. As you suggested, I figured it would be a good idea to get the paths
functional for command line testing before tackling the Apache issue.

I think I may need a step-by-step walk-through of where the paths for
pcgi-wrapper should point. I thought I understood 'em, but no matter what
I do, the wrong python continues to execute. The following is what I've
tried (with '--more-path--' pointing to my home directory):

PCGI_EXE=/--more-path--/local/bin/python
PYTHONHOME=/--more-path--/local/lib/python1.5:
PYTHONPATH=/--more-path--/local/lib:/--more-path--/local/lib/python1.5:/--m
ore-path--/local/lib/python1.5/site-packages:
PCGI_INSERT_PATH=/--more-path--/local/Zope-1.9.0-src/lib/python:/--more-pat
h--/local/Zope-1.9.0-src/pcgi:

Regardless of any of the above, what is executed is always
'/usr/bin/python'. This is only happening through Apache, not from the
command line.

Thanks again,

Chris

PS I gotta say, of the various communities I've dealt with, you Zope
people (hopefully soon I can say 'us', <grin>) are the most helpful I've
ever experienced. Kudos!