[Zope] Have others been unsubscribed?

Robert OConnor rocon@pivot.net
Fri, 5 Feb 1999 08:39:51 -0500

Ok,  with The Dragon's help:
> Your account must have been bouncing mail temporarily. The list
>server they use for the Zope list, MailMan, will do this automatically if
>an account bounces mail. It's to keep the server from getting flooded with
>bouncemail.
>(no affiliation w/ the zope list, I just happen to run the same listserver
>on my system)
> -The Dragon De Monsyne

Ok, _maybe_ my busy mail server bounces mail on occasion or
maybe the mail got stuck somewhere in the icloud....I assume
that bounce mail makes a few attempts before failure...

I dug further and found that this list is run with
pre-GNU beta release (1.0b8, released Jan 14 1999) here.
--- Mailman v 1.0b8.  pre-GNU beta release

--You mean your running BETA software?
I guess this means something different then
running Microsoft Beta software ;-)
--At least it's GNU and I hope that these
"shallow bugs" and soon fixed.

I found support for MailMan at http://www.list.org/

The to do list shows these issues relevant to my problem:

Bugs
"Stale" addresses don't update properly when new bounces
come in (stale means we had some bounces, but delivery to
that address started working again before we booted them from the list)

Bounce handling
Add more patterns for bounce handling
Send mail to people that are being removed w/o their
knowledge (even though they're likely not to get it).

I will post these concerns to their support list:
mailman-developers@python.org