[Zope] Zope and FastCGI

Phillip J. Eby pje@telecommunity.com
Fri, 05 Feb 1999 10:13:05 -0500

At 09:07 AM 2/5/99 -0500, Jim Fulton wrote:
>"Phillip J. Eby" wrote:
>>
>> I hope in the next few days to tackle a multithreaded, 100% Python FastCGI
>> front-end for ZPublisher.  When it works, I'll share code, as I'd like to
>> see it get back into Zope the way my CGI front-end code did.  :)
>
>ZServer *will* support FastCGI. I was thinking of doing this
>myself, but don't know when I'll get to it.  You might consider
>working on the ZServer (Medusa) FastCGI support.  It should be
>easier and will be more useful to others, I think.

I have an immediate need for the standalone FastCGI, though.  Also, unless
ZServer will be able to be configured to die off the way my standalone
FastCGI support already does, ZServer won't be appropriate for my operating
environment at present.  Next, the standalone is an easier project for me
to tackle first because it's just a grafting of an existing 100% Python
FastCGI front-end onto ZPublisher with some threading glue.  And finally,
it'd be nice to have that PCGI example to look at first before tackling a
ZServer publishing protocol.  :)