[Zope] mailing list split time?

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Mon, 08 Feb 1999 10:05:34 -0500

David Wagle wrote:

> I've sent a number of 'help' requests to the list over
> the last few weeks. By and large, I get a response
> sooner or later. A few have gone by unnoticed.
>
> In the meantime, a large number of development issues
> permeate the list.
>
> Would it perhaps be to the advantage of the community
> as a whole to have a zope-development and a zope-help
> list as seperate entities?
>
> Just a thought.
>
> - -daw

Greetings Zopeheads,

We have sat down and discussed this, and everyone
here was very decisive in that they would go along
with whatever Ken and I came up with.  So we defer to
the list.

In addition to the dev list David proposes, Ken proposed
and announce list.  So here's the theory:

The zope list becomes the zope help list, it 'inherits'
(aquires?) all the current subscribers.

We create a zope-dev list and a zope-announce list.

We will have to come up with some guidelines about what
gets posted where.  I would also like to 'broadcast' a
weekly FAQ to each list (monthly when our membership
growth slows...)

Discussion?

-Michel