[Zope] aqcuisition / symbolic links question

WWW Admin webman@beehive.de
Tue, 9 Feb 1999 16:17:53 +0100 (CET)

jim,

thanks for the reply but i have a question to your question.

On Tue, 9 Feb 1999, Jim Fulton wrote:

> WWW Admin wrote:
> >
> > i have a set of documentation related to routers which would
> > be interesting to both our isp division as well as our network
> > support division. since each division has their own folder
> > aquisition would not work for easy inclusion of text via
> > includes.
>
> Why not?

maybe i'm wrong but here is an asciigram of what i'm talking
about.

Zope /
	Docu
	  router_txt

	Netadmin
	  routerstuff_html

	ISP

how can i include the text in router_txt in say
routerstuff_html via aquisition if Netadmin and ISP
are not on the same level (not a subdirectory of Docu)?

as far as i know zope won't let me do tags that look
like this <!--#var /Docu/router_txt newline_to_br-->
in relevantdocs_html.

> > so my question is:
> >
> > does zope have an equivalent to a unix symbolic link?
>
> No, but we plan to add RDF-style reference properties that
> should (at least partially) accomplish this.

cool. what's RDF? real data file?

cheers,

webman

webman                                          |                        _
beehive GmbH                                    | ASCII ribbon campaign ( )
berlin, Germany                                 |  - against HTML email  X
http://www.beehive.de                           |              & vcards / \