[Zope] ANNOUNCE: Zope 1.10 prerelease

Brian Lloyd Brian@digicool.com
Wed, 10 Feb 1999 09:40:00 -0500

> Just a request to make sure there's at least a step-by-step guide for
> moving a Zope 1.9 based server to 1.10. I would imagine it's more
> involved than untarring 1.10 on top of an existing 1.9 dist.,
> isn't it?
>
> Ross

To be safe, you should probably install the new version
and copy the var/Data.bbb* files from your existing 1.9.0
installation to the /var directory of your new install
(make sure that the permissions on those file are set to
allow the server in use to read and write them).

This is a good point though - we need to provide a much
more comprhensive guide to installation and upgrading...

Brian Lloyd        brian@digicool.com
Software Engineer  540.371.6909