[Zope] Zope on the Mac

Paul Everitt paul@digicool.com
Wed, 10 Feb 1999 19:03:12 -0500

Jimmie Houchin wrote:
> I have all the tools to do it, CodeWarrior Pro 4, but do not have the
> knowledge/skill.

Hey, we have neither the tools nor the Mac skill.  :^)

Of course, if you'll just put LinuxPPC on that Mac of yours...

> I am interested in developing on my Mac, deployment will be thru a webhost
> probably on Linux.

I'd love to see Zope on the Mac.  I don't particularly see why it should
be inconceivable, being mostly Python.

>     i=os.system(command)
> AttributeError: system

Oh come on, MacPython doesn't have os.system?!!

> Problem 2: (This maybe normal, I don't know.)
> I also saw this line which looked strange:
> Compiling Hard Disk:Applications:Programming:Python
> 1.5.1:Zope-1.9.0-src:lib:python:Products:ZGadflyDA:gadfly:sqlsem.py ...
> no mem for next token
> Sorry: MemoryError:

Nice.

> Problem 3:
> When I attempt to run serve.py I get this error:
> Traceback (innermost last):
>   File "Hard Disk:Applications:Programming:Python
> 1.5.1:Zope-1.9.0-src:lib:python:Globals.py", line 105, in ?
>     import Acquisition
> ImportError: No module named Acquisition

Nice, part 2.

> Any ideas, help?

Needless to say, someone that knows C on the Mac has to get involved.

--Paul