[Zope] Better Memeory Management Feature Request

Kevin Dangoor kid@ans.net
Wed, 10 Feb 1999 23:22:05 -0500

On Wed, Feb 10, 1999 at 05:29:22PM -0800, Scott Robertson wrote:
,-----
| On Wed, 10 Feb 1999, Paul Everitt wrote:
|
| > What is the RSS in the above example, or in the case where you have four
| > Zopes running?
| >

| An empty DB is 1736. I'll get back to you on one of the bloated ones.

`-----

Unless it's considered proprietary, I'd be curious to know what the
resident size of the Zope process for Zope.org is (or is that the
one that was shooting up to 18MB?) This is just kind of a reference point,
because I have seen the kind and quantity of things on that site.

Also, pardon my naivete on this one, but: RAM is relatively cheap these
days. Even PCs can be considered relatively cheap these days. If,
to cover the cost of having a 10-12MB process resident in memory, I had
to pay a $100 startup fee or some such, I would probably do so. After
paying that fee, though, I would expect to pay the same as any other
hosting customer.

Feel free to let me know if I'm way off base :)

Kevin

--
Kevin Dangoor
kid@ans.net / 734-214-7349