[Zope] Better Memeory Management Feature Request

Brad Clements bkc@murkworks.com
Thu, 11 Feb 1999 09:25:45 -0400

On 10 Feb 99, at 23:22, Kevin Dangoor wrote:

> Also, pardon my naivete on this one, but: RAM is relatively cheap these
> days. Even PCs can be considered relatively cheap these days. If, to cover
> the cost of having a 10-12MB process resident in memory, I had to pay a
> $100 startup fee or some such, I would probably do so. After paying that
> fee, though, I would expect to pay the same as any other hosting customer.
>
> Feel free to let me know if I'm way off base :)

Well... I've been thinking about porting Python (and Zope) to NetWare.
You know, that's the operating system where everything runs at ring 0.

That's also the OS that doesn't have any virtual memory capability.

Naturally this issue is of interest to me.

;-)

Brad Clements,                bkc@murkworks.com   (315)268-1000
netmeeting: ils://ils.murkworks.com               ICQ: 14856937