[Zope] DTML Doc property from DTML Method in tag

Kevin Dangoor kid@ans.net
Mon, 15 Feb 1999 14:00:49 -0500

On Mon, Feb 15, 1999 at 07:28:41PM +0100, Martijn Faassen wrote:
,-----
| Kevin Dangoor wrote:
| >
| > On Mon, Feb 15, 1999 at 10:53:48AM +0100, Martijn Faassen wrote:
| [my suggestion snipped]
|
| > I think this would work if docs was a group of actual objects. However,
| > docs is a "lines" Folder property. So, the sequence-item is just a string.
|
| Aah, I see what you want now. Sorry to give the wrong suggestions.
|
| > If I say:
| > <!--#var "sequence-item + '.title'"-->, it will say "test.title".
| > However, I can seem to get it to actually track down test.title
| > as if I had done:
| > <!--#var test.title-->
|
| You can or you can't? (typo?)

Can't... That was indeed a typo.

| Wasn't there some mention of a 'secret method' called render a while
| back? Something like:
|
| "_.render(sequence-item + '.title')"
|
| might do the trick?

Good thought. I gave it a try, and that DTML above gives an error. This
DTML:
_.render(_['sequence-item'] + '.title')

displays "test.title" rather than the title itself.

| > (BTW, I tried the example you gave and it prints the Folder's title.)
|
| Yes, it would if it couldn't find any other title, of course.

That makes sense.

| Regards,
|
| Martijn
`-----