[Zope] ZPublisher guestbook.py solution

Luciano Ramalho luciano@magnet.com.br
Mon, 15 Feb 1999 20:03:09 -0300

I just figured the problem out, sorry to bother you with this...

I volunteer to write a How-to about installing and running the examples in
"A Technical Introduction to Object Publishing with Zope", if anyone thinks
this would be worthwhile.

For the sake of anyone who might get confused with this issue, here is the
URL required to run the guestbook.py example (in my machine):

<http://localhost/cgi-bin/GuestBook.zcgi/myGuestBook/guestbookForm>

In my example:

- GuestBook.zcgi is the customized 'cgi-template' mentioned in the
cgi/README file that comes with ZPublisher. It is configured with:
    PUBLISHED_MODULE = 'GuestBook'
    INCLUDE_PATHS = ['/apache/zmodules']

- The source file of the example, GuestBook.py is placed in /apache/zmodules

- myGuestBook is the GuestBook instantiated in the last line of GuestBook.py

Maybe a sample URL should be included in the "Technical Introduction",
since the GuestBook is the first concrete example of a real object being
published (the previous examples only publish stand-alone functions).

[]s
Luciano Ramalho

--
MAGNET <http://magnet.com.br>