[Zope] Re: UserDB: docLogout, LoginRequired traceback.

Kent Polk kent@goathill.org
Mon, 15 Feb 1999 23:03:48 -0600 (CST)

> From: Anthony Baxter <anthony@interlink.com.au>

> Now, in the top/ folder, I've created both admin and user roles, and
> I've put a UserDb in it. I initially wanted to have the UserDb in only
> the user/ folder, with the assumption that acquiring objects from the
> top/ folder would "just work" without defining the users in the
> top/ folder... This didn't work (no idea why, anyone?).

Yep. A UserDB folder has to be at least an 'uncle/aunt' of any folders
which plan on using it because the sibling folder behavior of Acquisition
would allow one to bypass security otherwise (at least that's my take
on the situation).

> I would still like to also have a separate User Folder in the admin
> directory, since administrative accounts are not stored in the SQL
> database used by users. But no matter what I do, I always get prompted
> with the docLogin screen from the top/ UserDb.

You might create UserDB folder one folder up and only allow the admin
accounts in that acl_user's folder. UserDB sql queries usually make
that pretty easy to do.

Kent