[Zope] Mailhost fix

Martijn Pieters mj@atmm.nl
Tue, 16 Feb 1999 11:44:30 +0100

I know the Mailhost is on the buglist, and that DC wants to fix it using a
standard package.
But if you really need to use it, and your sendmail host doesn't accept the
mail that MailHost generates (because of the lack of \r\n line endings, and
the ignorance of 4xx status codes), I patched the existing MailHost.py. My
version uses \015\12  as lineendings, so it won't break on any platform (I
hope), and sees 4xx errors as fatal.

The patch can be downloaded from
 http://www.xs4all.nl/~zmj/Zope/MailHost.1.9.0.patch
or
 http://www.xs4all.nl/~zmj/Zope/MailHost.1.10.0pr1.patch
(1.9.0 contains the old license, so the line numbers differ)

Just do 'patch MailHost.py MailHost.<version>.patch'.

Martijn Pieters

--
M.J. Pieters, Web Developer