[Zope] FYI on Zope 1.10

Jim Fulton jim.fulton@digicool.com
Tue, 16 Feb 1999 09:06:56 -0500

"Christopher G. Petrilli" wrote:

> Just to let you know, the threading problem that was exhibited in
> previous releases is STILL in the 1.10 release (atl east on FreeBSD
> 3.0)... the old patch still works it seems :-)

This is the problem with the Python 1.5.2 thread module
API (renaming) change right? (I say this based on the patch
you sent me. :)

This should have been fixed!  The TreadLock.c that comes with Zope
1.10p1 has:

#if PYTHON_API_VERSION > 1007

#include "pythread.h"

#define get_thread_ident PyThread_get_thread_ident
#define acquire_lock PyThread_acquire_lock
#define release_lock PyThread_release_lock
#define type_lock PyThread_type_lock
#define free_lock PyThread_free_lock
#define allocate_lock PyThread_allocate_lock

#else

which should accomodate the 1.5.2 (b1) name change and
still work with 1.5.1.  It works for me.  Is
PYTHON_API_VERSION not being set correctly for you?

Is anyone else having trouble with Zope 1.10 and
Python 1.5.2 b1? Or any other 1.5.2 version?

Jim

Technical Director   (888) 344-4332              Python Powered!

repeats.