[Zope] "proxy roles", search engine for documentation.

Thu, 18 Feb 1999 14:21:40 +1100

[sorry if this is a re-send. once again, the cablemodem provider I'm
going through is having clue issues]

> >  Can someone give a 1-para description of proxy roles?
>
> Your guess is correct.  Often access to some content is contingent on
> registering, logging in, viewing a prerequisite page, etc..  A good
> example is using proxy roles to restrict access to downloadable files
> (e.g., software) to those that have "logged in" or registered on a
> the security on the target object (e.g., the .tgz file) through DTML
> scripting.

Ok, more information needed: do the proxy roles augment or replace
the roles that the user currently has?

Thanks,
Anthony
(slowing getting to grips with Zope security - guess I should write
down some stuff about what I've found for the list :)