[Zope] Using Zope to generate static HTML

David Brown davidbro@home.com
Thu, 18 Feb 1999 11:12:12 -0800

Is anyone working on a way to allow Zope to produce static HTML?

I suppose the first response to this would be "Why?"

Well, I love Zope, and I run it on my home machine, but I would also
like to use it to manage web sites on machines that:

   1. I don't directly control (or can't convince to run Zope)
   2. Don't need the high level of dynamic content that Zope provides

I also just like the way that Zope lets me construct the sites.  I
really like it as a tool.

I've mentioned previously that I used Frontier before, and this was
the primary way Frontier worked (until the most recent versions) --
code the pages, and then render them all to static HTML files.

dave (amateur Zopatisti)