[Zope] Using Zope to generate static HTML

Paul Everitt Paul@digicool.com
Thu, 18 Feb 1999 14:48:57 -0500

David wrote:
> Is anyone working on a way to allow Zope to produce static HTML?

No but someone should.  The topic has come up, say, a thousand times.

> I suppose the first response to this would be "Why?"
>
> Well, I love Zope, and I run it on my home machine, but I would also
> like to use it to manage web sites on machines that:
>
>    1. I don't directly control (or can't convince to run Zope)
>    2. Don't need the high level of dynamic content that Zope provides

Right.  We here at DC are quite amenable to their being lots of choices.

> I also just like the way that Zope lets me construct the sites.  I
> really like it as a tool.
>
> I've mentioned previously that I used Frontier before, and this was
> the primary way Frontier worked (until the most recent versions) --
> code the pages, and then render them all to static HTML files.

Believe it or not, this would be *really* easy to make happen (as long
as you lived in certain constraints).

--Paul