[Zope] size of text area in "Edit" view of Documents, and ext ernal editing

Paul Everitt Paul@digicool.com
Fri, 19 Feb 1999 10:27:59 -0500

> This is far too small for my liking, and I've found that the
> Taller/Wider
> buttons only work once - the result is still too small. My
> question is:
> can I alter the default height and width in the Zope source
> somewhere -
> if so where? (And why don't the change-size buttons work more
> than once?)

Hmm, it has worked for me on all browsers and platforms I've tried.
What browser version on what OS are you using?

> A second query is - can I save the DTML from the edit view to a file,
> edit the file, and then upload the result to replace the
> original DTML?
> (Which might be far faster than using the browser window's
> non-existsent
> editing abilities :-)

I agree that the TEXTAREA sucks as an editor.  Even if we improved it
by, say, including a Java editor applet like jEdit, it still wouldn't be
*your* editor.  These are highly personal decisions, which means there
will never be *one* IDE.

There are methods that give you a text-only version of the body sans
management screen, though I don't know what they are.

With ZServer, a GET on a document returns the contents and only the
contents.  Ultimately (meaning within the next two or three weeks)
WebDAV will allow you to easily get at, from a Python script, whole
chunks of a site.

--Paul

Paul Everitt       Digital Creations
paul@digicool.com  540.371.6909