[Zope] ZPublisher/ZTemplate questions

James A. Hillyerd jamesh@altavista.net
Fri, 19 Feb 1999 17:59:56 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 19 Feb 1999, Paul Everitt wrote:

> You can use ZPublisher and ZTemplate.  This is what Skip is doing at
> MusiCal with good results.

cool.

> > Second, where can I get documentation and examples on using
> > ZPublisher and
> > ZTemplate on their own?
>
> Uhh, that's a different point :^)
>
>   http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Reference/ObjectPublishingIntro
>   http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Reference/Trinkets

I've read both of these documents, and they provide a good tutorial on
writing code.  What they are both missing is how to actually invoke a
ZPublisher object.  What do I do after I've written Hello.py?  I guess
this is related to using pcgi, but there doesn't seem to be a document on
how to set it up to work with ZPublisher.  I think I need something
similar to Zope.cgi that invokes ZPublisher instead.

> > Third:  Will ZPublisher run with the embedded Python/Apache
> > system, or do
> > I need to use pcgi?
>
> Can't comment on PyApache.  You can use PCGI or you can do as Skip and
> Andreas do an use mod_proxy to connect Apache and ZPublisher.

How does this work, does the proxy forward requests to ZHTTPServer?

> > Thanks for all the help, I'm really excited to get started
> > with Python.
> > ColdFusion is frustrating because it's so limited, and Java
> > Servlets are
> > frustrating because they are too much work.
>
> Oh you're just sweet talking us :^)

Oh, and I hate NT too. =)

[]  James A. Hillyerd <jamesh@altavista.net> Java Developer
[]  HyperGlyphics:  http://www.hyperglyphics.com/
[]  GPG Public Key Fingerprint for 1024D/9F956CDE (Expires 2000-02-01):
[]   C86F B073 92DF 1E24 EF0B  0118 6061 0FEC 9F95 6CDE