[Zope] manage - authentication - setup problem

Michael Olivier molivier@yahoo.com
Sun, 21 Feb 1999 10:58:46 -0800 (PST)

I'm doing the big switch (well, hopefully not too big) from Bobo over
to the full Zope env, and have gotten snagged on getting
authenticated. I'm using Apache 1.3.2 on RH Linux 5.1, and Zope 1.9.0

I have tried adding the Apache trick to the conf file -- the
documentation doesn't say which conf file and I am an apache web
server novice, so I tried putting the new lines at the bottom of each
of them, one at a time, but didn't get it working.

Which conf file should I modify? What else can I try? The apache error
log only shows repeated:

[Sun Feb 21 10:56:29 1999] [notice] httpd: caught SIGTERM, shutting down
[Sun Feb 21 10:56:29 1999] [notice] Apache/1.3.2 (Unix)  (Red
Hat/Linux) configured -- resuming normal operations

from "httpd restart" commands.

"Help!"

--Michael