[Zope] File exchange area - example?

Pavlos Christoforou pavlos@gaaros.msrc.sunysb.edu
Mon, 22 Feb 1999 15:22:28 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 22 Feb 1999, Ross J. Reedstrom wrote:

> to manage_addFile - I'm just hoping someone has a DTML snippet I can
> have, to deal with things like: generate a default ID, set the title to
> the filename uploaded, deal with name collisions (offer to replace, or
> rename), anything else I haven't thought of yet...

I had a similar need some time ago (but on a smaller scale). I ended up
creating a property of type integer in the folder. Every time someone
uploaded a file the DTML created a new subfolder with the counter value as
the id and subsequently incremented the counter. This ensured that no
collisions occured. Each subfolder contained properties such as author,
filename, short info, title,last modification time, and plenty other.  I
would then have a default
DTML in the main folder that created a table of all the available
documents in the subfolders, together with some info. In terms of DTML
programming it is actually simple, but I am not sure whether it will meet
your needs.

Pavlos