[Zope] Preserving Settings during a user's session

Jeff Nielsen jeffniel@ix.netcom.com
Tue, 23 Feb 1999 22:16:27 -0800

Zopesters,

I'm trying to accomplish something and I can't figure out an elegant way to
do it.

I need to preserve variables, like State=CA or ID=5, throughout a user's
session, unless I specifically change them in a page (i.e. I change ID=5 to
ID=4).

I can think of two methods:
a. Passing all the values in the link syntax for all page links:

b. Storing the values in cookies. I'd prefer not to use cookies as this will
be a public web site and some people have privacy concerns about cookies.

Anybody got a better idea?

Jeff
jeffniel@ix.netcom.com

P.S. I've been Zoping for about a month now. Zope Rocks!