[Zope] Backing up Zope's database?

Martijn Faassen M.Faassen@vet.uu.nl
Wed, 24 Feb 1999 11:21:28 +0100

Hi there,

We're running Zope on an NT server here and the backup system (Arcserve)
apparently gives an error when it tries to backup Zope's 'var'
directory. I would like to have this succeed (and end up with a non
corrupted database, of course :), so here are some questions:

* is this perhaps fixed by Zope 1.10? I read something about Zope 1.9
not doing proper file locking on NT yet, so there is some difference
here.

* Is copying a database while Zope is running a good strategy? (probably
not)

* What other options are there? For instance, NT seems to be able to
copy the var dir just fine, so perhaps a copy could be made that
Arcserve could backup. Still, that database would be backuped while Zope
is running, so perhaps this isn't a good idea.

Thanks in advance,

Martijn