[Zope] ANNOUNCE: Zope 1.10.2 release

amos amos@digicool.com
Wed, 24 Feb 1999 09:18:52 -0500

Anthony Baxter wrote:

> Ok, has anyone thought about putting together an upgrade guide for
> upgrading Zope versions? Steps I'm undertaking:
>
> . install new version

Right.

> . install ZServer into new version (hm, do I still need to update Folder.py?)

The latest Zope is fine, no need to tweak Folder.py

> . copying external methods and products from old to new installations

Yep. In the case of Products, it might be easier to reinstall them,
since then you only have to copy one file, rather than a whole
directory, and some sneaky Products may install stuff in the Shared
directory as well as in the Products directory.

> . transferring bobobase. either by exporting the old one, and importing the
> new, or by just copying over the Data.bbb. The former is more of a pain,
> the latter means you lose any new stuff in the default bobobase.

I would suggest just copying over the Data.bbb file. Import and export
works fine for objects and groups of objects, but I don't think it's a
great way to mirror an entire database. Also, I think in the latest
version of Zope you can copy the Data.bbb file while Zope is running,
but you might want to make sure both Zopes are shutdown before copying
the Data.bbb file from one to the other. Finally, I'm unhappy to admit
that the latest Zope has the same old default database as the last
version, so you won't be missing much if you wipe it out.

-Amos