[Zope] smart buttons

Rob Page rob.page@digicool.com
Wed, 24 Feb 1999 12:06:43 -0500

>  Is there any nice automated way in Zope to make a form with
>  multiple submit
>  buttons each calling a different document?

The FORM's ACTION determines where all INPUT TYPE="SUBMIT" buttons send
the form.  Alternatively, you may try adding a little JavaScript and
changing the button to:

<INPUT TYPE="BUTTON" VALUE=" Go! " onClick="somefunction(this.form)">

in the JavaScript function: somefunction(form) you can change the ACTION
property of the form based on which button was clicked.  Not beatiful
but it works...

>  Currently I have hacked around this by calling a single
>  document containing a
>  deeply-nested conditional and some <!--#var "_['foo']"-->
>  includes but this is
>  giving me obscure errors and anyway is messy.

Which way is messier?  :^)

--Rob