[Zope] HELP NEEDED - EXTREMELY URGENT (Zope on NT4 SP4)

Jim Fulton jim.fulton@digicool.com
Wed, 24 Feb 1999 15:51:12 -0500

Stefan Franke wrote:

> Today I tried to move my nealy-finished Zope application (will post a
> testimonial
> when it's online) to our customer's brand new
> super-duper-Compaq-PII-400-RAID1
> server running Windows NT4 Server SP4 -- and bought exclusively for our
> application.
>
> My problem: Zope won't run at all. On running freshly installed
> start.bat
> _with_the_builtin_database_ the following  traceback appears:
>
> [...long traceback]
>   File "C:\Programme\Zope\Koelnzope\lib\python\BoboPOS\SimpleDB.py",
> line 1332,
> in read_index
>     raise DatabaseError, ('Corrupted data record at %s' % pos)
> DatabaseError: Corrupted data record at 9

Could the file have been messed up with a text FTP?

> The Zope install itself seems ok - I installed the identical file
> successfully on several
> NT4 Workstation SP3 machines. So I can't believe the reason is really a
> corrupted
> database. I will try to make a test installation on another NT4 Server
> SP4 box to see
> if that is the reason.

Right.  It souldn't like the file is OK.

> The server itself is included in a large (several hundred) server pool
> with identical basis
> setups and managed homogenously via SMS. I'm running start.bar with
> local
> administrator rights and unrestricted access to the Zope installation,
> but according to
> the rest of the network machinery the permissions of the test account
> are rather
> restricted. But this propably shouldn't change anything.
>
> Did anyone ever experience something similar?
> Assumptions..guesses..any ideas appreciated - I'm pretty desperated
> because the
> whole thing should go online on monday, I have no server access on
> weekend, and
> there's quite a lot depending on it.

Have you tried re-trasfering the file?
Feel free to call me at the number below to discuss this
if you wish, or to send me the file (via private email
not CCed to the list :).

Jim

Technical Director   (888) 344-4332              Python Powered!

repeats.