[Zope] Splitting the Zope mailling

Michael Bernstein mbernstein@profitscape.net
Thu, 25 Feb 1999 09:21:11 -0800

Ken Manheimer wrote:

> To clarify, here are some examples of the way i see the
> division of topics:
>
>         zope@zope.org                   zope-dev@zope.org
>         -------------                   -----------------
>         installation and operation      dtml coding questions and hints
>         content management              using the programmer APIs
>         desired user-level features     new and existing architecture design
>         business decisions              contributed widgets
>             w.r.t. open source
>         public relations in general

I would spilt it a bit differently, to at least 3 lists:

zope@zope.org               zope-dtml@zope.org     zope-dev@zope.org
------------                --------------         ---------------
installation and operation  dtml coding hints      product coding
content management          dtml documentation     architectural issues
business decisions          contributed widgets    external method
coding
PR in general               product integration    contributed products
zope.org site issues                               developer
documentation
announcements

Note that I do not have feature requests on this list. Although I would
recommend discussing a feature on the appropriate list before submitting
a request, the request should be made at the collector on zope.org.

I've split the list in this way because I beleive that we are going to
be getting many more HTML/DTML coders than Python coders in the future.
Like me. This also follows the general Zen of separating content from
presentation, and presentation from logic.

Michael Bernstein.