[Zope] Embedded HTML tables, shared annotations

Robert OConnor rocon@pivot.net
Fri, 26 Feb 1999 08:54:42 -0500

Hi Boris
>Looking for the best of all words, I arrive at
>the idea to define a set of "method" names,
>whose results are HTML Tables, that "naturally"
>embed into each other. Somehow I have a feeling
>that the logic of such "distributed tabling"
>can be isolated from HTML, so that a nice and
>clean query language in terms of partial
>functions and 2D grid portions ("tableaux") might
>emerge. Since I am just starting on that hunch,
>I was wondering if somebody else had already
>hit on such an intuition and drawn any
>conclusions from which I could shamelessly
>profit.

****
I don't clearly understand your proposal.
If you create a sample page with with the
embedded tables this would help make your
ideas clear.

>Also, these musings reminded me of an old
>project I had once started, to provide an
>uniform annotation facility...

XML seems to be the "holy grail" solution
but it's not here yet in terms of commonly
used browsers.

General one page description of XML:
http://www.textuality.com/xml/

Tim Bray's annotated copy of the XML