[Zope] DISCUSS: Import from the web

David Ascher da@ski.org
Fri, 26 Feb 1999 11:30:32 -0800 (Pacific Standard Time)

On Fri, 26 Feb 1999, Paul Everitt wrote:

> I need you folks to help us figure out how to add a sweet little
> feature: import from the web.
>
> Scenario: you work from home on a bunch of information in a Zope folder,
> like documents, images, Z Tables, etc.  You get into work and want to
> blast it onto your remote Zope-based website.

> Of course there is still the ultimate question: is this a compelling
> feature?

Yes -- other scenario -- you're a zope user on the starship.  You want to
upload stuff to your particular area of the Zope server.  You don't have
write access to the right directory.

One issue w/ requiring it to be a pull is that e.g. in my case I can push
to a server through the firewall, but my Zope is unaccessible from outside
the firewall.

--david