[Zope] External / Internal Methods

Philip Aylesworth purple@mnsi.net
Fri, 26 Feb 1999 15:15:27 -0500

>I vaguely recall this being discussed in the past, but I can't find it
>in my archives...
>
>Has anyone tried to make a comparable thing to an "External Method" but
>that is contained in the database itself?
>
>The reason is this... we've set up Zope on the Starship, and some people
>would like to experiment with ExternalMethods, BUT... that requires
>access on the file system to stuff that we'd rather not open up, or a
>hueg amount of administrative overhead.
>
>Ideas?

You could write an External Method that would put the file in the
extensions directory :) I think they only need to be there while the Python
Method is created since you have to update them from within Zope every time
they change. This would be a **HUGE** security hole though! You could log
them but I don't know if there is anything you could do to make it safe.

Phil.

Philip Aylesworth                   mailto:purple@mnsi.net