[Zope] - Corrupted data record errors?

Jim Fulton jim.fulton@digicool.com
Mon, 04 Jan 1999 13:46:50 -0500

Andrey V Khavryutchenko wrote:

> Hi, Brad!

> BC> Could someone please advise on what to do about corrupted data, and
> BC> what might have caused it?
> [...]
> BC> "/home/brian/temp/build/tmp_build/Zope-1.9.0-linux2-x86/lib/python/BoboPOS/Simpl
> BC> eDB.py", line 1332, in read_index
> BC> DatabaseError:Corrupted data record at 521744
>
> I've encountered such bugs using BoboPOS2.  The resulting database was
> filled with zeros from the mentioned point.  I had to restore it by hand
> digging in BoboPOS2 source.  Know nothing about the cause still

If you, or anyone else sees problems like this,
*please* report them to support@digicool.com and include the
database file (var/Data.bbb) and the traceback, along with any information
you might have about what happened just prior to the problem.

When possible, we will send you repaired database files.

For whatever reason, we at Digital Creations very rarely see problems
like this and we are very anxious to pursue any database corruption errors
to:

  - Find out the cause and try to preven them in the future,

  - Find ways to make the software able to automatically recover
    from errors when they occur, and

  - Minimize impacts people using Zope.

Jim

Technical Director   (888) 344-4332              Python Powered!

repeats.