[Zope] - Python programmer job listing...

John Eikenberry jae@kavi.com
Mon, 4 Jan 1999 12:18:40 -0800

--M9NhX3UHpAaciwkO

I work for a small web site engineering and management company, Kavi Corp.
[http://www.kavi.com]. We are looking to expand our engineering dept (all 2
of us), and python skills are at the top of our list.

Kavi is a small company (7 people) with a casual work environment. We are
big Free software advocates here, and will be contributing all our work back
to the community. We use Linux extensively in our work, and have plans for
Linux related extensions to our company (linux experience would be a plus).

As far as the job itself goes, I've attached below the 'official' job
posting that my boss wrote up for the papers and such. It mentions a lot of
skills that would all be beneficial, but Linux/Unix and Python experience
are the most important. Having skills with Bobo/Zope would also be help.
Feel free to send any questions about the job my way.

If you are interested, please email me your resume (or point me to an online
copy).  The resume should be formatted in ASCII, PostScript, or .pdf only.

Thanks,

---

John Eikenberry
[jae@taos.kavi.com - http://taos.kavi.com/~jae/]
 will deserve neither and lose both."
                                         --B. Franklin

--M9NhX3UHpAaciwkO

Position:  Web Development Programmer
Duties:   Design, develop, test, and deploy open-source database
applications for commercial websites.  Work with management and
production staff to scope and define projects.  Work with other
members of the engineering staff to deliver database solutions.

Requirements:
-- understanding of internet-based standards and technologies
-- experience with unix, linux, and Windows NT server environments
-- web programming and development experience
-- SQL database design; Perl, PHP, Python, and/or Java programming
-- system administration skills a plus

Skill set:
-- software design, development and programming skills
-- ability to move projects from conception to completion
-- excellent interpersonal communication skills

Education: minimum - BS in CS or EE preferred.

Work schedule: Full-time preferred (Mon - Fri)
Wage: salary based on experience

--M9NhX3UHpAaciwkO--