[Zope] - strftime for DateTime

Simon Greenwood simong@cix.co.uk
Thu, 7 Jan 1999 1:44 +0000 (GMT Standard Time)

In article <199901070107.UAA01736@dolphin.calendar.com>, skip@calendar.com
() wrote:

> The appended context diff seems to do what Jim asked for.  Here's a
> simple
> session:
>
>     >>> import DateTime, time
>     >>> dt = DateTime.DateTime(time.time())
>     >>> dt.strftime("%Y-%m-%d")
>     '1999-01-07'
>     >>> getattr(dt, "%Y-%m-%d")
>     <DateTime.DateTime.strftimeFormatter instance at 8116570>
>     >>> getattr(dt, "%Y-%m-%d")()
>     '1999-01-07'
>
> (Jim actually did all the work.  I made sure the necessary time
> functions
> were available at the module level and generated a context diff... :-)

I'm going to be incredibly dumb now and ask if this can now be accessed
through DTML and how.

(Oh hi, I'm new here, Zope looks like just the thing I want but I'd
appreciate some more obvious documentation and a more transparent approach
to object development and implementation. The problem of either publishing
the current date or taking a 'last updated' date from a database is just
the first I've come across, although it looks like others have at the same
time. I'm a perl/CGI veteran looking for a way not to reinvent the wheel
for a reasonably idiot proof semi-public music/artist presentation service
and if I get my head around it, Zope is the one. A recipe book for the
basic functions would be a great help though, and I'll pitch my hand in
for anything I can help with)

Simon
http://www.musicbank.net