[Zope] - Documentproperties - XML/RDF

Wiebe Kunst Wiebe Kunst" <wkunst@eunet.no
Sat, 9 Jan 1999 01:56:03 +0100

I just came to think of a maybe an easier way to implement essential (for me
atleast :)) properties in Zope.

Suggestion:

What if a pythonobject (metadata.py) reads a schema (textfile), configures
itself according to the specification in that schema and installs itself as
a propertysheet in Zope for documents, images and files (maybe other objects
to). The document itself should than contain DTML code referring to content
and maybe to its attributes (properties). Maybe such an object could be
installed as a product, but I don't know if that makes sense.

Such a solution doesn't comply of course with the XML/RDF specification, but
that could possibly come later.

Wiebe Kunst