[Zope] - ANNOUNCE: DCOracle release

Kevin Littlejohn Kevin Littlejohn <darius@connect.com.au>
Sat, 16 Jan 1999 12:04:01 +1100

Heya Paul,

I'm coming up with a problem that I can't seem to figure out - was wondering
if you or one of the other Zope-types out there could shed some light...

I've got a table that includes this field:

 TIMESTAMP                   NOT NULL NUMBER(38)

I'm trying to write a method to talk to it, as so:

select *
from unresolved_flows
where timestamp > '<!--#sqlvar start_time type=float-->'
and timestamp < '<!--#sqlvar end_time type=float-->'

(This is simply the latest try - I've tried #var end_time fmt=sql-quote,
and that doesn't seem to be any different).

The error I'm getting back from ZOracleDA (well, from DCOracle, to be
precise, through your ZOracleDA) is:

Error, oci.error: (1455, 'ORA-01455: converting column overflows integer datatype\012')

SQL used:

select *
from unresolved_flows
where timestamp > '916324638'
and timestamp < '916411017'

I get the same thing, incidentally, when I import DCOracle, and run the
query direct.  I don't get the same thing if I import oracledb (Anthony
Baxter's oracle module) and run that query.  I'm baffled.  Anyone spot an
easy fix for this?

KevinL