[Zope] - Slashdot on Zope

Jonathan Corbet corbet@eklektix.com
Mon, 18 Jan 1999 12:30:47 -0700

> I wanted to ask the list what people's thoughts were on the
> appropriateness of implementing a Slashdot-like site in Zope.

It's something I've been pondering for a little bit, but without the time
to figure out what would really be involved.

The Linux Weekly News is currently done entirely with a straight hierarchy
of HTML files.  That makes management of the information harder than we
would like it to be, to say the least.  I've wanted to put together some
sort of database-driven backend for a while.  Zope is, at this point, at
the top of the list of technologies to look at for this task.

If you get a project going in this area, we would be interested in what you
come up with, and, depending on other factors here, perhaps able to
contribute as well.

jon

Jonathan Corbet, Eklektix, Inc.
corbet@eklektix.com