[Zope] - Insert data into db with zope

Jim Fulton jim.fulton@digicool.com
Mon, 18 Jan 1999 15:43:10 -0500

FR Chalaoux wrote:

> Hi,
>
> (snip)
>
> Jim Fulton wrote :
>
> > Did you define titre_field and type_field as arguments
> > in the SQL method?
>
> No, I missed.
> I did it and it works fine now but only when my form ACTION is the
> "insert_total" SQLmethod not with "insert_total_do" document
> which shoud call the "insert_total" SQLmethod :(

I find this very surprising and can't reproduce it.

Do me a favor, use the option in the "Add" list to add
a "Z Search Interface" to add an input form and a report.
Based on the query.  View and submit the input form
and see if that works.  If it does, then edit the report
to use a call rather than an in and try again.

> In fact I would like to transfert the form data directly in the data
> base and not use the form display by the SQL method!

You don't have to use the SQL method's test form.  See if things
are any clearer after trying what I suggested above.

Jim

Technical Director   (888) 344-4332              Python Powered!

repeats.