[Zope] - Other access control paradigms?

BScherer@mobile.bam.com BScherer@mobile.bam.com
18 Jan 99 15:40:31 EST

Having discussed this with Paul a long time ago in the Principia days, I believe this to be possible, but am unsure of where to start.

The idea is this:

I would like to maintain my user information (uid, passwd, and access info) in an rdbms table.  This would enable us to leverage a database that already exits for this purpose.  I have several bobo apps I would like to move into Zope, but I would need to overide (or integrate) Zope's internal security with mine.  Reason being is that we don't want to move several thousand user's into Zope's user db, and we don't want to train the staff on a new interface/paradigm.

I could change the backend of my security scheme without too much trouble.  I don't want to have to change the frontend.

Could this be as simple as an External Method? Or do I have to hit the Product API, or replace the entire AccessControl package?

Thanks

Bill Scherer
Bell Atlantic Mobile