[Zope] - Slashdot on Zope

Paul Everitt Paul@digicool.com
Mon, 18 Jan 1999 18:38:03 -0500

Kevin wrote:
> This is the application that I have been looking at Zope for.
> I am thinking
> of something that is a cross between Slashdot and c|net. (Or you can
> think of it as Slashdot with a category hierarchy.)

We have a couple of consulting gigs in the hopper that hilight common
threads through different community sites.  If we can do a good job of
capturing the requirements, then documenting the interfaces for managed
content, then the project can be used pretty widely.

As for the category hierarchy, the opportunities available thanks to
Tabula are pretty awesome.

> Yes! I'd be interested in using/contributing to this. After
> seeing someone
> else's message, I took a look at HTML::Mason for perl, and
> that just does
> not have the same power that Zope does.

OK, should you choose to jump in, can you provide a summary of the
features and limitations of Mason?

--Paul