[Zope] - Slashdot on Zope

skip@calendar.com (Skip Montanaro) skip@calendar.com (Skip Montanaro)
Tue, 19 Jan 1999 11:29:29 -0500 (EST)

    Kevin> While you're working on requirements for a communities package,
    Kevin> let me add one more thing to consider: It would be nice to be
    Kevin> able to render static HTML documents for some things. There is
    Kevin> nothing faster for a webserver to spit out than static HTML. I
    Kevin> was thinking there could be a type of folder with a destination
    Kevin> property that could be rebuilt on command. I get the impression
    Kevin> that something like this would be easy to implement.

This is something Mason can do.  It's also possible to achieve this
functionality with a proxy server.  You would like to be able to identify
which files are really static and don't change from one call to the next (or
change infrequently enough).

Skip Montanaro	   | Mojam: "Uniting the World of Music" http://www.mojam.com/
skip@calendar.com  | Musi-Cal: http://concerts.calendar.com/
518-372-5583