[Zope] - ZAP for Win32?

Martijn Faassen M.Faassen@vet.uu.nl
Thu, 21 Jan 1999 19:24:49 +0100

Michel Pelletier wrote:

> Martijn Faassen wrote:
>
> > Michael Bernstein wrote:
> > >
> > > Will there be a ZAP (Zope Apache) package for win32 on the zope site
> > > anytime soon?
> >
> > I would appreciate such a package at well. Especially because it'd
> > (presumably) have the RewriteRule module built in (which at least the
> > 1.3.3 release of Apache doesn't, don't know yet about 1.3.4).
>
> I just discussed this with Paul, it won't be soon but we would like to
> offer it.  As usual, contributions are welcome especialy since the last
> Windows program I compiled was for Win3.1  A Win32 version  won't be too
> soon however, probably sometime in Feb.

Actually, today I got Zope working like I wanted to on Windows NT,
finally! I think Apache 1.3.4 (binary release) did the trick, though I
possibly missed this in Apache 1.3.3.

If you install Apache 1.3.4 with the custom installation option (I'm not
sure if typical does it too) you can install additional modules (as
.dlls). One of them enables Rewrite Rules! You simply uncomment the line
in httpd.conf file that tells Apache to use it.

After some fiddling (I'll write a report on this next week, I think) I
got it all to work. http://<servername>/Zope/ now comes up with Zope.
Authentication, which I couldn't get to work properly when using
Apache's (it'd always need a password, even for pages viewable by
anonymous) now seems to work fine too.

So I'm happy now. I was already happy anyway, because me-the-Superuser
had been doing some neat things in a really easy way already, with Zope.
It's a great product, and has a great developer and user community too!

Regards,

Martijn