[Zope] - Re: Apache problems

Kevin Dangoor kid@ans.net
Mon, 25 Jan 1999 10:19:49 -0500

On Mon, Jan 25, 1999 at 09:50:33AM -0500, Michel Pelletier wrote:
,-----
| I'm assuming in the [blah blah] you still have the
| e=HTTP_CGI_AUTHORIZATION:%1? Also,
| The RewriteCond must come before the Rule, that's what the %1
| references.

Yup. I left these parts intact.

| Just checking the
| obvious there, otherwise what I'd suggest is writing a simple script
| that spits up your
| environment settings (perl or python will work) and calling that through
| it's own
|
| RewriteRule and see if HTTP_CGI_AUTHORIZATION is even getting set.

I just tried this. Here's what I see:
REDIRECT_HTTP_CGI_AUTHORIZATION:
:

I figured that it shouldn't really show a value, since I didn't have
any kind of password prompt. However, it looks like mod_rewrite added
a "REDIRECT_" to the front of the header. Is this normal? I didn't
see an entry for "HTTP_CGI_AUTHORIZATION".

| This
| is where
| having a RewriteLog comes in handy, and it tells you what it's setting
| and when.
| A possiblity there is to set up your own copy of Zap, have it run as you
| listening on a high
| port, and tweak all the rules and settings till you get it to work.  At
| least there you'll
| have some idea what the Rewrite Engine is doing.

That's a thought, though that is certainly a lot more involved.

Kevin

--
Kevin Dangoor